Watermark Awards (Media)
Sponsored by the Texas Section American Water Works Association and Water Environment Association of Texas
Deadline: January 25, 2019 February 8, 2019
Who Can Enter?
Any Texas online, print or broadcast media professional is eligible to enter.
Who Sponsors the Awards?
The Texas Section of the American Water Works Association (TAWWA) and the Water Environment Association of Texas (WEAT).
About the Award
The Watermark Award for media excellence is designed to recognize Texas media who have raised the public’s level of understanding of water issues in Texas. Texas media have advanced community understanding and support for water resources significantly by interpreting issues affecting water in our state.
If you’ve provided your audience with accurate, insightful information about their water resources, we want to recognize you.
Water is a precious resource – our economic vitality and our very lives depend on a safe, adequate water supply. Yet many people don’t think about the issues that affect their water resources, or are influenced by inaccurate or incomplete information.
Each winner will receive a beautiful etched glass award.
1. Entries must be accompanied by the entry form, and must be received no later than Jan. 25, 2019 Feb. 8, 2019.
2. Entries must have been produced between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
3. Newspaper and magazine entries consisting of a large number of pages should be mounted or bound in a manner suitable for display at Texas WaterTM 2019.
4. Radio and television entries should include the complete script (if a script was used) and a brief summary or outline of the program’s content. Radio and television entries must be accompanied by an audio or a video file with audio. If you have audio or video files to submit, go ahead and submit the application below and contact us at email@example.com - we will explain how to submit those files.
5. Only published or broadcast material will be judged.
6. Paid advertising is not eligible.
7. TAWWA or WEAT members may not enter for media, but should encourage their local media to enter.
8. Entrants may submit no more than two entries. Each entrant can receive only one award.
9. Winners will be notified by March 1, 2019. Entries will not be returned.
10. Winners will be recognized during the Texas WaterTM 2019 conference in Houston April 2-5.
Judging: Entries are judged based on water interest, accuracy, clarity, style and impact. Judges may be members of TAWWA or WEAT, instructors or professors of communication in accredited Texas schools or members of the publishing and broadcasting fields who are not currently employed by Texas media.
For more information contact Vanassa Joseph, firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-493-5122.
Click here for the PDF version of the form or submit the application online below.
Please note: Utilities cannot submit entries on behalf of the news media.
If you would like to submit an audio or video file, please contact us at email@example.com and we will tell you where to send those.
Back to Top