Watermark Awards (Members)
Sponsored by the Texas Section American Water Works Association and Water Environment Association of Texas
Deadline: January 25, 2019 February 8, 2019
Who Can Enter?
Anyone who is a member of the Texas Section of the American Water Works Association or the Water Environment Association of Texas is eligible to enter.
About The Award
The Watermark Award for communications excellence recognizes Texas Section AWWA and WEAT members who have produced top quality communications. Effective internal and external communication is essential to a member’s ability to provide excellent service. Today’s water resource professionals must communicate with a variety of audiences to achieve success. Through these awards, Texas Section AWWA and WEAT hope to heighten awareness among all water resource professionals about the importance of effective communication.
If you’ve produced high quality, effective communications, we want to reward you.
1. Any WEAT or Texas Section AWWA member may enter.
2. Entry materials must be accompanied by the entry form in this brochure (or a copy), and be received no later than Jan. 25, 2019 Feb. 8, 2019. A separate form is required for each category when the same item is entered in multiple categories.
3. Entries must have been produced, distributed or completed between Jan. 1, 2018 and Dec. 31, 2018.
4. Each entry must include a maximum two-page, double-spaced summary explaining the problem or opportunity, measureable goals and objectives, implementation process and results.
5. Each entry must include a maximum 200-word synopsis that may be used
as the script for the awards breakfast announcement. WEAT and TAWWA do have the right to modify this text.
6. Each entry must include the completed entry form, entry summary, synopsis, and photos, video or audio materials that could be used to illustrate the entry in the awards ceremony video. This information can be submitted on a USB drive or uploaded via the online form. (For online submissions, please upload your summary, synopsis and photos in the submission area below - if you have audio or video files to submit, go ahead and submit the application below and contact us at email@example.com - we will explain how to submit those files)
7. Entries will be judged by professional communicators.
8. Judges have the right to change a category in which an entry was submitted.
9. A “Best of Show” award may be given if the judges deem appropriate.
10. Entries, including all supporting items, will not be returned.
11. Winners will be notified by March 1, 2019.
12. Winners will be recognized during the Texas WaterTM 2019 conference in Houston April 2-5.
Tips for Submitting Entries
• The only information the judges have is what you submit.
• A piece cannot just look good. The written summary is essential. Be sure to address all the points listed below. Why was it developed? How did you measure the effectiveness? Why and how was it used? What was the budget and did you stay within budget? If not, why.
• Poor grammar and misspellings factor into the judging.
• Make sure any online entry can be called up by the judges without needing access to a secure site.
• Multiple copies of a magazine are one entry. They are judged as a group. If a magazine comes out quarterly, the judges want to see all four produced that year. If it is monthly, include all 12.
• If you enter an item in multiple categories, tailor the summary to the category.
Click here for the PDF version of the form or submit the application online below.
For more information contact Vanassa Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-493-5122.
Each entry must include a maxiumum two-page, double-spaced summary explaining the problem or opportunity, measureable goals and objectives, implementation process and results.
Each entry must include a maximum 200-word synopsis of the entry that may be used as the script for the awards breakfast announcement, if the entry wins. TAWWA and WEAT do have the right to modify this text.
If you would like to submit additional items or photos, contact us at email@example.com and we will tell you where to send those.
If you would like to submit an audio or video file, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will tell you where to send those.
One glass Watermark Award is provided to each winner. Each additional copy is $40. If you win and want additional copies for other team members, you must specify and commit to that cost now. Please let us know the # of additional copies in the text area below.
Back to Top